HISTORY OF THE GARDENS
Hunter Valley Gardens was created by Bill Roche over a period of four years, with a dedicated team of over 40 landscape gardeners, architects, and engineers. The completion of the Gardens realised a long-held ambition to build a garden that would be enjoyed for many generations to come. A garden which would bring joy and excitement into many lives.
There are eight kilometres of walking paths winding through 14 hectares of gardens consisting of over 6000 trees, 600,000 shrubs and over 1 million ground cover plants, plus waterfalls, statues, murals and much more. The ten individually themed gardens showcase the artistry of gardens around the world and use both native and exotic varieties of plants. It is a spectacular display and one of the best in Australia.
Hunter Valley Gardens Tour
- Join our wine tour group for a day in the Hunter Valley from Sydney
- Departs Sydney 7.30am
- Arriving in the Hunter Valley around 10.15am
- We will take you to the Hunter Valley Gardens in the morning OR
- You may wish to visit say 2 wineries and then go to the Gardens around 12 noon
- Lunch is available at the Gardens
- Motorised Tours depart every hour around the Gardens
- Meet up with the bus around 3.30pm at the Gardens Village
- Costs for the entry ticket varies.
- It is best you purchase your entry ticket at the entrance
- Entry Tickets cost around $30 AUD per person.
- $110 per person
Book Now – Pay Later i.e. You can Pay On The Day