- Pick up from your accommodation in the Newcastle area & Maitland.Pick ups are between 8.00am and 9.15am.
- Travel in a the latest Mercedes Benz 14 seat mini bus or a 20 seat Toyota Coaster mini coach.
- Our flexible day tour itinerary ensures that you will enjoy 4 winery visits at a selection of wineries & cellar doors ranging from smaller boutique vineyards and cellar doors to the larger wineries, including the Hermitage Cellars, a wine outlet for 8-10 small wine makers in the Hunter area. You will taste approx. 6-8 wines at each winery.
- We oftenvisit one of the larger wineries such as McGuigans or Tempus Two but is not guaranteed on every tour. Overall we have 15-20 wineries we regularly visit and the selection of 5 wineries each day is made from that list.
We stop for lunch at 2 venues in the Hunter Valley including
Epicure Cafe and the Matilda Bay Brewhouse Cafe at the
Hunter Valley Resort.
Monday to Friday:
We strongly recommend selecting the lunch option at Epicure Cafe on Mondays to Fridays ($25 per person extra).Note: There are limited lunch alternatives at other venues on these days.
Saturdays, Sundays & Public Holidays:
Lunch is optional. Choose from 2 lunch options on weekends and public holidays.Purchase your own lunch at a variety of foodie outlets
(NWT1 option) or enjoy a cafe lunch with a glass of wine at either Epicure Cafe or the Matilda Bay Brewhouse Cafe (NWT4 option).The tour lunch at either venue costs $25 per person.
(See Lunch Menus)
Note: NO BYO Lunch.
Spend enough time at Epicure Cafe or the Hunter Resort to sample some craft beers (at your expense).
Visit the Smelly Cheese Shop or Hunter Cheese Factory Shop.Wander in and try some of their complimentary range of local Australian & imported cheeses. Note: no formal tasting included.
Visit one of the Hunter chocolate shops and sample their tempting range of chocolate products.
- We will pick you up to join your tour from one of our strategic locations in Newcastle
- Visit and taste at 4 exceptional Wineries/Cellar doors in the Hunter Valley – time to purchase some of the best wine in Australia at great Cellar Door prices
- For an additional $25.00pp come have lunch with us at Epicure Café or the Hunter Valley Resort
- Visit some of the best cheese and chocolate outlets in the Hunter Valley – we do not offer a formal tasting at either but it is well worth having a browse and coming home with a little (or big) bag of goodies!.
- We will drop back to your pick up location in Newcastle – we assure you that you will be feeling very sleepy and mellow after a fabulous day in the Hunter!