6:45 – 7:30am – We will pick you up to join the tour from your city location See pick up points here
8:45 am – Stop at Oliver’s Café en route to the Hunter for a comfort stop, stretch of the legs and time to purchase your morning wake-up coffee before you start your days wine tasting!
10:15 am – 3:45 pm –
- Visit a selection of 5 different wineries / cellar doors including:
- 2 exceptional award winning wineries
- Hermitage Cellar Door for wine and cheese tasting
- Hunter Valley Distillery for local Schnapps, Vodka and Gin tasting
- Hunter Valley Gardens Village Cellars for chocolate and wine tasting
- And a final temptation – an extra chocolate shop visit in the gardens village
- Enjoy lunch at the Hunter Resort’s Matilda Bay Brewhouse Cafe.Select the group tour cafe lunch option for $25pp or purchase your own lunch at the cafe
- Beer tasting available at your expense during our lunch break
3:45 pm – We depart the Hunter Valley for Sydney arriving back around 6:15 – 6:30 pm.
Lunch options plus more and more!
We stop for lunch at the Matilda Bay Brewhouse Cafe at the Hunter Valley Resort. Select the great value tour lunch cafe option for $25 per person. Choose from great chicken, lamb, fish, vegetarian and other dishes. Your driver/guide will have the menu for you to view and pre-order in advance.
Alternatively, you are welcome to purchase your own lunch on the day. Purchase your selection from the blackboard cafe menu. Note: during periods of peak demand e.g. long weekends, public holidays and the Christmas-New Year period etc, the Hunter Resort is an extremely popular venue. To avoid wait times and a guaranteed reserved table, we strongly recommend doing the tour group lunch option above.
Spend enough time at the Hunter Resort to experience their unique beer tasting paddle with accompanying tasting notes for up to 12 beers – at your expense. Or if you prefer, wander next door to the Hermitage Road Cellars to continue some more wine tasting. Nowhere in the Hunter can you try so many wines all under the one roof! An exclusive range of premium wines from small Hunter Valley winemakers – including Helé Family, Lisa McGuigan, David Hook, Andrew Thomas, Andrew Margan, Polin & Polin, Stormy Ridge, Crisford Family – just to mention a few…
Note: NO BYO lunch permitted.